<  
Feathered and Free Forum

Go Back   Feathered and Free Forum > Lifestyles of the Feathered and Famous

Notices

Lifestyles of the Feathered and Famous We can't all have a rainforest in our home or backyard but we can give our feathered companions the best life possible. Here's where you discuss aviaries, cages and habitats.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2009, 03:02 PM
I know why the caged bird sings. Maya Angelou

Name: Kristen
Arrow Photos of Cage/Aviary/Play Areas/Bird Room Set Ups

I hope that everyone will share photos of their cage setups, play areas, aviaries, or bird rooms. It's a great way to get new ideas for your FIDS. Here are some photos of my bird room (still a work in progress) and ELF's cage. ELF is a young Alexandrine and a bit clumbsy at times, so I make sure he has LOTS of perches.

Here's a play area near one of the windows in the bird room. The net is the small sized on from Nets by Nate . It's a great little, comfy net for my Sun Conure and Hahn's Macaw. I used two fleece doggy pulls to hang the ladder. To the right is a nifty grapevine branch tree by Exotic Wood Dreams. Hanging above the tree, is a large grapevine branch I purchased at my local bird/reptile store that I hung from the ceiling.

Last edited by unpoquito; 13th November 2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 13th November 2009, 03:10 PM

Some additional photos of the bird room and ELF's cage.

One of the grapevine branches w/ leather knots in this photo was purchased from The Bird Safe Store. A portion of the proceeds from this store support rescued parrots at Phoenix Landing.

Kristen
Old 13th November 2009, 04:51 PM
A better world for birds is in our hands

Name: Tara

Beautiful set up, Kristen! It's so important to give our companion parrots a similar life to what they would have in the wild-foraging, climbing swinging, playing.

Us lucky Aussies have access to FREE bottlebrush gyms in our backyards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cockatiels: Tiki
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Manu
, Maui
, Shaka

Blue Princess Parrot:Tjinimin
Green Princess Parrot: Manikay

Quaker: Chaska
Nanday Conure: Ixchel

Jenday Conure: Yaxche
Greencheek Conure: Chula

Nansun Conure: Xango
Blue-Throated Conure: Orisha

Old 14th November 2009, 07:25 AM
Flying High

love both of your setups.
unfortunately we dont have a bird room or play area as such ( although I have a few ideas up my sleeve to get hubby to let me set up an area down near the treadmill so when I work out batman doesnt have to just sit on a chair bored LOL )
because of this batmans cage is forever changing, here is a recent look

Old 19th November 2009, 04:45 PM
Ready to Fledge

Here is pix of Fly Zone, Play Gym, and cage (Food Bar).
Ist pix Looking from dinning room. They have a perch in the lefthand corner, with a treat tray, they come here to be social and easy access to the cage (Food Bar). I have Paper below to catch the poop.

[IMG][/IMG]

In this one you may just be able to see the Play Gym about (center) at the other end of their flight. And the cage is just behind the door on the right sitting on the orange table. Access is by two sets of French doors.

And the Play Gym MkII, with latest additions. News Print on the floor and the wood stops it blowing around. Small Water Fall and a sprouting tray in the foreground.

Their out look from the gym.

Here is a close up of where they roost, this came about after putting fresh Bottlebrush on the gym. I noticed that they then took to sleeping behind it, so played around trying to find something that would blend into the gym. And keep them comfortable.

Conservatory from the outside. They have had to learn about the 60plus panes of glass.

The cage. (Old Pix, this is Tweety). It is made up from two cheap cages built into one. Very flimsy.
For Tinkerbell and Henry it is only a 'Watering Hole' As they sleep out on the Gym.
Out of respect for Tweety the cage remains the same.

No closed doors in the cage or house. My babies fly free with-in the house.
Old 19th November 2009, 05:16 PM

Clive,
Your FIDS have it SO lucky! Wow! What a beautiful conservatory and play areas, fountain and sprouting area too. Thanks so much for sharing, and welcome to Feathered and Free!

Emmie & Ziggy;
Boogie;
Tootsie;
ELF
Old 19th November 2009, 06:21 PM

Hey Clive, welcome to FAF! Your conservatory is gorgeous, lucky fids!

Oknuma, looks like Batman is spoiled for choice there!

, Manu
, Maui
, Shaka

Old 20th November 2009, 04:18 PM
Bird Brain

Name: John

My humble parrot abodes. They're still cages but there as big as I can make them in my little house.

Old 20th November 2009, 07:51 PM
Flying High

I love all your set ups and am insanely jealous. I keep telling hubby we need a bigger house LOL
Old 20th November 2009, 08:22 PM

Fantastic set up, John! I really like how the door is on closet tracks. How did you do that? I am not happy with the door I have on my aviary, I really want one like yours.

, Manu
, Maui
, Shaka